Friday, June 17, 2011

The "Ride" to Uganda

For starters, I'm typing this up while sitting in a stuffy van with six of my traveling buddies while it is hailing on us.

So back to our trip here... We left XNA on time and arrived in Dallas on time and without event. After a late lunch and a 4 hr layover we departed for London. Everyone was pretty excited; nobody really slept on that flight. Again, everything was pleasantly uneventful and on time. In London we waited on the Atlanta group for about 3 hrs. They were supposed to be 30 minutes behind us, but had a rain delay getting out of Atlanta.

Once we were all in London, we still had seven hours so we bought rail tickets and went to the city. We walked through the Royal Park and listened to the girls squeal about every place some princess stood for such and such an event. Kelly, Adam, Tucker and I almost held strong, but were finally moved to tears as we stood outside Westminster Abbey where Kate recently walked. So I'm standing there in front of the Abbey taking pictures of each of the possible combinations of our girls together. Observations: women- as I'm taking pics of the girls there are women to my left and to my right dabbing their eyes with tissue because of weddings past. Men- at the same time two men come up to me and say "hey, is that an IPad? Can I see it?".

Side-note: as I type we are driving down a busy sidewalk because the storm that brought the afore mentioned hail has washed out the road. All in a days work I suppose.

We flew to Uganda; no problems. This time all slept, and slept hard. I think at most some had gotten 2 hours in the past 36. I think all got between 4 & 6 on that flight. They looked much better except for unavoidable casualties to hair.

We are healthy and well! Oh, I forgot... We almost lost Elliott as she fell in slow motion down an escalator almost saving herself no less than four times as she tried to gain footing or grab Adam as she flailed past. No harm except pride and the humor it provided Adam and I fully compensated for that!

Later,
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment