Monday, June 20, 2011

My God is an awsome God

Today was the hardest day for me so far. My translator (Universe) has to ship back out on a UN Peace keeping mission. All though iv only known him for a few days i feel as i have known him my whole life. Its a bond that cant be broken. Please keep this man in your prayers. My heart breaks for the children here. There life is full of witchery and witchcraft and Muslims and false idol worship. One child stood out from the rest to me today though. She was a Born Again (Christian) and so i asked her if i could pray for her and she said she would love that. I asked her what her needs are and she said " All i want is wisdom so i can serve my God" This broke my heart. She was by far one of the poorest people iv seen here and out of everything she could have asked for she asked for wisdom. I know many people who live in the United States ( including my self) that would have asked for Money, Power, or Physical health or a bright future, ect. We who call our self Christian' in the United States have more money than these people could every wish to have yet we ask for more. We have better health than almost any other country yet we ask to be better. We have more Power than any other country in the whole world. Yet we want more. Is there not something wrong with this logic? Of course there is! I witnessed to a man today and he was also bed ridden from malaria. He said he had no hope. Till we showed up at his front door. He gave his life to Christ today and now has hope. Some men were in a bar and some members of the team witnessed to them the other day.. The holy spirit convicted them early on.. As soon as they heard the message. The translators phone rang off the hook all night from these men. They had so many questions. So today the same people went back to meet with them. Before they could even get any words out the men said they wanted to give there life to Christ. And that they wanted to go to OTHER bars and tell OTHERS about Christ. The slums broke my heart today. We talked to a group of women who smoked pipe to get rid of the pain. As we explained to them that this god that they worship will not last forever they began to listen. Then Satin fogged all there eyes.. All except one. She gave her life to christ right there! :). Im seeing how Jealous my God truly is. He doesn't just want the wealthy and and physically healthy. But he wants the poor and physically sick, the drunks, the naked and homeless. My God is a beautifully jealous God. I don't know how many people really read this but if you are then tomorrow or on the day that you read this just open your eyes to the poverty that all around us. It may not be physical poverty. But look at all the spiritual poverty that we have in our "Christian" country. The United States is a lot like Uganda in a way. EVERYBODY here is a Christian. But only a few are Born Again. I feel that this is exactly the way the United States is. I feel that we have forgotten who really provides EVERYTHING in our life. And because of this we are Lazy in our walk with Christ.



In Love,
Adam Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment