Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day Something-er-other - Meghan

Africa continues to be the most amazing place. The Lord has been doing amazing things and these people have blessed me more than I can say. These people, even those who are in the slums, or the teenagers in a school we were at (they had been through more than I can imagine) have such JOY in their Savior. It's gotten to the point where I kind of see their poverty as a blessing. That may sound strange but in the U.S. we have so much. So much stuff. We may not always realize it but we rely on our stuff. We never have to worry about if we'll have another meal, if we'll have enough money for our rent in the slums, if we'll be able to get medicine for all the diseases and illnesses. We have the assurance of a roof over our head, clothes on our back and food in our belly. It's easy to forget that all of that comes from God. We are blessed by Him and we are blessed by Him so that we can bless others. These people know that it is the Lord who provides. They know that HE is enough. His grace is enough. Having so little makes it easy to see that we are nothinhg on our own, that without Christ we are hopeless.

"But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes from Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith- that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and may share His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus made me His own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of you who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only hold true to what we have attained. Brothers, join in imatating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us. For many whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body, by the power that enables Him even to subject all things to Himself."

-Philipians 3:7-21

This is what the Lord is showing me through these precious people.

MeghanBooth

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful that you've allowed the Lord to use you and that He's opening your eyes to more and more around you - stretching you and growing you in His likeness. You're a treasure, Meghan!

    ReplyDelete